Note: Please understand that this website is not affiliated with the Max Factor company in any way, it is only a reference page for collectors and those who have enjoyed the Max Factor fragrances.


The goal of this website is to show the present owners of the max Factor company how much we miss the discontinued classics and hopefully, if they see that there is enough interest and demand, they will bring back your favorite perfume!


Please leave a comment below (for example: of why you liked the perfume, describe the scent, time period or age you wore it, who gave it to you or what occasion, any specific memories), who knows, perhaps someone from the company might see it.

Monday, December 14, 2015

Just Call Me Maxi c1976

Just Call Me Maxi by Max Factor: launched in 1976. Also known as simply "Maxi."





Max Factor released a 7" LP to go along with the fragrance:

Just Call Me, Maxi. (vocal by Mara Lynn Brown)

I've been so many people,
Like an actress taking cues.
I've read my lines and looked
the part made all the proper moves.
Now I have found a whole, new world.
It's been there all the time.
I can finally be myself with a style.
That's really mine.
Here I am feelin' free.
No one else I'd rather be.
I'm as fresh and unique as my name.
They call me, Maxi, Just Call Me , Maxi.
Sometimes I'm shy, sometimes I'm wild.
Call me woman. Call me child.
I'm ev'rything that a woman wants to be.
Just Call Me, Maxi.
They call me, Maxi. Just Call Me, Maxi.
See me smiling, catch me frown.
I'm so worldly, or such a clown.
I can be refreshingly so unrestrained.
Just Call Me, Maxi, Just Call Me, Maxi.
I'm outrageous, I'm the most,
They call my name from coast to coast.
Just Call Me, Maxi. Just Call Me, Maxi.
Just Call Me, Maxi. Just Call Me, Maxi.


Fragrance Composition:



So what does it smell like? It is classified as an aldehydic floral woody chypre fragrance for women. It starts off with a fresh, fruity and spicy top, followed by a fruity rose heart, layered over a sensual, powdery woody and mossy base.
  • Top notes; aldehydes, Italian bergamot and galbanum
  • Middle notes: ylang ylang, Egyptian jasmine and honeysuckle
  • Base notes: Mediterranean oakmoss, Mysore sandalwood, patchouli, amber, labdanum, tonka, vanilla


Just Call Me Maxi was available in the following products

  • Amplified Cologne Spray
  • Extra Light Cologne Splash
  • Perfumed Bath Powder
  • Perfumed Talc
  • Perfumed Body Smoother
  • Perfumed Bath Soaps


Fate of the Fragrance:


Discontinued, date unknown.



3 comments:

  1. A fine gem that's still not been discovered...Lucky me...Cheap but gr8 quality in Smell and Longevity

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfume with a lot of history, with the new ownership they seem to lack the passion to maintain the brand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es la fragancia más excitante, e inolvidable 💕✨ que aún respiro en mis recuerdos de niña. Me encantaba cuando mi hermana mayor la usaba. No me explico porqué la descontinuaron. 😥

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Geminesse by Max Factor c1974

Geminesse by Max Factor: launched in 1974 . Few younger people know that Geminesse was actually the name of a cosmetics and skincare line p...